A wonderful tool to help you go from a state of powerless to powerful.
Today is Valentine's Day. Yup. And you'd think that because I'm married it'd be the most wonderful day of the year, right?
No.
In fact, it seems to bring with it a mix of emotions. Reflection on the anniversary of our engagement, which was a wonderful story. Followed by perhaps a little depression because it's not really always that glamorous.
Is it supposed to be?
No.
Could it be a little more of a reminder that we need to work hard every day to love ourselves and others?
Absolutely.
I was amazed at the loads of Facebook statuses today that shared the excitement and also the hatred towards this day. I saw some people update me on the beautiful, thoughtful gifts they've already given or received from their significant other. And then there were others saying in effect "Down with Love" {A movie I love by the way).
I started to want to say "Down with Love" too. And started feeling ashamed and disappointed and resentful. I almost chose to let it ruin my day!
But then I remembered that I've been practicing "state changes" with my Power 90 class (2nd installment of Power of Choice).
So I did this:
Self portrait, 2-14-12.
Mirror + Red lipstick + Red dry-erase marker.
Now every time I look in the mirror my face shows up right inside the heart and I am reminded that:
I am 100% lovable. 100% of myself. 100% of the time.
I am beautiful.
I am a lovebird soaring high with wings of passion on the winds of grace and truth.
I will love myself more, starting today.
Happy Valentine's Day, Janneke.
Happy Valentine's Day, friends.
Don't forget to love yourself today.

Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012
And beautifull too! And a GREAT MOTHER!! You have to love yourself before you can love others!
LUV U,
Aunt Bonnie
Feb 14, 2012
Feb 15, 2012
I love your imagery! What a great reminder for each of us..me included! I needed it! I have always thought you were beautiful and love you to pieces!
Love ya lots,
Mom

Feb 15, 2012







5 comments:
Great post! You are totally 100% lovable! I've known that for years! :) Hope you have an awesome day. I love you friend!
And beautifull too! And a GREAT MOTHER!! You have to love yourself before you can love others!
LUV U,
Aunt Bonnie
You are awesome, Girl. And inspiring. Keep it up! Love you tons.
I love your imagery! What a great reminder for each of us..me included! I needed it! I have always thought you were beautiful and love you to pieces!
Love ya lots,
Mom
You are lovable and LOVING!! I love your posts. Welcome back. I have missed you. You look fabulous in that picture. Keep up the loving.
Post a Comment