Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Life's too short... and so is Janneke's hair!

I remember hearing some strange statistic when I was younger about how often women will change their hairstyle and I thought to myself "How can you be so creative as to think of that many different hairstyles for one person?" Well, I think I'm joining that statistic. In 6 years since I graduated high school, I've been through about that many hairstyles. Granted, for the most part I kept my hair long (for Folk Dance and because I like long hair), but I've changed something every time I get my hair trimmed. In August of this year, I finally went the distance and cut my hair short - the shortest it had been since Sophomore year of High School. This was sort of a ritualistic act because I had finished Folk Dance and because I was ready for change. I was moving on to bigger and better things! Graduating college.. getting a full-time job... etc, etc. But, I wasn't happy enough with that. I kept noticing all the girls around me that pull off that short bob... the one that makes you look cute and sassy. Maybe I've just been in Utah too long. Maybe it's just the "Hollywood" thing to do. For whatever reason, I felt brave and I felt ready to see if I could actually pull it off. I don't really miss my long hair! It's strange. What's even stranger is washing my hair in the shower! AND - I can't put my hair in a pony tail!!! *gasp* Yeah, that's right. No more ponytails!!! Anyway, for your enjoyment, here is a parade of my hairstyles over the last few years. I guess we'll call it my college yearbook. :)
Freshman year (2002) - Long, straight hair
Going for the sexy curls look but still long. Moving towards layers and experimenting with highlights!! (2004)
Layers around the face, but still long. I was going for the Jennifer Aniston look. (2005) In fact, this look is Danny's fave and it inspired the current do.
This look was a new twist on the layers. Christmas 2006
Barely there bangs...moving towards full set of bangs! (Spring 2007)
 
  

Bangs and a ponytail! This was one of my favorites... for a short while anyway. (Summer 2007)
Full Set of bangs with long layers.(Feb 2008)

Chopped off!! Gracing the shoulders with side-swept bangs. (August 2008)
Trying the do above flipped out.





AND NOW PRESENTING:

The shortness!!!
Revisiting highlights....
  

I hope you enjoyed. I'd love to hear if you had a favorite. :)



yesssssss. This is the coolest blog post ever. So glad I found you!! And your new haircut is beautiful.
I LOVE THE SHORT HAIR SO SO MUCH! Thomas even said that it is his favorite doo of yours and it frame's your cute little face so nicely (yes he said that). It is great!
Hey Janneke! I'm glad that you started a blog. Your haircut is so cute; I love it. I also really liked the full bangs and long layers look. I've always wanted to try bangs, but I think my hair is too thin.
AWESOME! Love them all! You are so beautiful! But I must say the most recent is my favorite! I want to do it so bad!! I'm going in tomorrow, we'll see what I decide to do . . .
Hooray! Janneke has a blog! I am so excited that you decided to jump on the bandwagon so I can keep up with you and your fun life! I will definitely add a link to your blog from mine.

Your haircut is ADORABLE! It shows you how long it's been since we've seen each other because I haven't seen half the hairdos in those photos! But I have to say I like your newest cut the best...it's the way I'd style my hair if I had cute hair like you!

Also, you said Danny is hoping to go into acoustics. Well, we know a family who the guy followed the same career path and now he has a job in acoustics (I think!). If Danny wants to email him or anything let me know and I'll get you their contact info!


5 comments:

hilary w said...

Hooray! Janneke has a blog! I am so excited that you decided to jump on the bandwagon so I can keep up with you and your fun life! I will definitely add a link to your blog from mine.

Your haircut is ADORABLE! It shows you how long it's been since we've seen each other because I haven't seen half the hairdos in those photos! But I have to say I like your newest cut the best...it's the way I'd style my hair if I had cute hair like you!

Also, you said Danny is hoping to go into acoustics. Well, we know a family who the guy followed the same career path and now he has a job in acoustics (I think!). If Danny wants to email him or anything let me know and I'll get you their contact info!

Rebecca & Jeff said...

AWESOME! Love them all! You are so beautiful! But I must say the most recent is my favorite! I want to do it so bad!! I'm going in tomorrow, we'll see what I decide to do . . .

Amber said...

Hey Janneke! I'm glad that you started a blog. Your haircut is so cute; I love it. I also really liked the full bangs and long layers look. I've always wanted to try bangs, but I think my hair is too thin.

Bethany said...

I LOVE THE SHORT HAIR SO SO MUCH! Thomas even said that it is his favorite doo of yours and it frame's your cute little face so nicely (yes he said that). It is great!

We Joneses said...

yesssssss. This is the coolest blog post ever. So glad I found you!! And your new haircut is beautiful.