Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So HAPPY today!

We haven't posted in a while, but I think today is a good day to remember. I feel happy! Danny feels busy, but happy as well. Reasons we're happy today: Janneke - I'm healthy and alive. - I have friends who care about me. - I finished 2 big projects at work. - I have a newly declared best friend (besides Danny) and I really think she's awesome. You can read my latest note on Facebook if you're thinking "huh?" - I taught Gus Gus a new trick!!! - I picked up my college degree from the Post Office!!! HURRAY!!!! - I found 17 Creating Keepsakes magazines for FREE! If you haven't heard of Freecycle, you should check it out. I collect the magazine, so this was absolutely awesome. Pretty amazing day, huh? Yeah, it was!!! Danny - I feel healthier because I'm exercising more. - I come home to loving pets and a wonderful wife. Okay, so he's happy but he just doesn't know how to express it all in a list. Anyway, now for the fun part. You know that we've said we would post more about Gus Gus when we had it. I've been capturing him on video for weeks now, but I would have to spend hours editing them all together. But, today, I got some really great stuff I don't have to edit much! Enjoy! Presenting Gus Gus. Keep in mind, that I'm showing you the fruits of my efforts, not the work it took to get there (I think I said "wings" 100 times). I had been working with him already for about 5-10 minutes (yeah, not a long time, but you will miss seeing how much of a stinker he can be). (Sorry about the video quality in advance) And here are Danny and Gus Gus spitting some rhythms together. Remember how we said we would teach him to beat box? :)  



Jan 29, 2009
That's pretty good! I saw the teaching process in the beginning and you can see the big change. That must have been so EXCITING to pick up your actual degree! You need to send me a picture!

Mom
Holly commented on "So HAPPY today!"
Jan 29, 2009
That's so cool! Which one was actually the bird saying "good birdie?"
Janneke commented on "So HAPPY today!"
Jan 29, 2009
It was the 2nd one - the audio with picture slideshow. It was towards the middle when he was doing his own whistling. Like I said, it's pretty faint, but it's there.
Jenna commented on "So HAPPY today!"
Jan 29, 2009
how fun! looks like you guys really enjoy gus gus.
Jan 29, 2009
WOW!! GUS GUS is a star!! That is so awesome. Fun new tricks, I cant wait to see them in person! And I'm so glad you had such a great day! Love ya!
Janneke commented on "So HAPPY today!"
Jan 30, 2009
I lied. I guess that take didn't have him saying good birdie. Sorry Holly! Oh well, we'll get it some other time.
Amy S commented on "So HAPPY today!"
Jan 31, 2009
Jason says you need to teach the rabbit how to do the snare. Then the band will be complete.

7 comments:

yyellowrose said...

That's pretty good! I saw the teaching process in the beginning and you can see the big change. That must have been so EXCITING to pick up your actual degree! You need to send me a picture!

Mom

Holly said...

That's so cool! Which one was actually the bird saying "good birdie?"

Janneke said...

It was the 2nd one - the audio with picture slideshow. It was towards the middle when he was doing his own whistling. Like I said, it's pretty faint, but it's there.

Jenna said...

how fun! looks like you guys really enjoy gus gus.

Rebecca & Jeff said...

WOW!! GUS GUS is a star!! That is so awesome. Fun new tricks, I cant wait to see them in person! And I'm so glad you had such a great day! Love ya!

Janneke said...

I lied. I guess that take didn't have him saying good birdie. Sorry Holly! Oh well, we'll get it some other time.

Amy S said...

Jason says you need to teach the rabbit how to do the snare. Then the band will be complete.