Thursday, April 16, 2009

Winter Wonderland - in April!?

So, I apologize that all I have been posting about lately is Spring or the weather. But, it's the only thing that I have any interest in as of late just because I am ready to get out and garden. I'm just impatient, that's all there is to it.

I feel like Mother Nature was hoarding the snow these last couple months, teetering between Winter and Spring, and she finally dumped it all out last night, (and let's hope she's done), to create this:



I admit, it's beautiful... but the fact that it's mid April makes it unacceptable! I was soooo looking forward to gardening this weekend, but I'm afraid I'll just get to pull weeds while the ground is wet. We were even going to mow our lawn! The weather looks to be picking up next week, so maybe I'll have to spread it out over a couple nights after work planting my flowers. I feel like I'm getting started too late, but we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, I'll mourn the loss of so many beautiful trees around our neighborhood. Luckily, one of our own trees managed to not break from all the weight of the 6-12" of snow, but others were not so fortunate. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink and white blossoms of these trees! Spring is SO beautiful. And sadly, it probably won't last but a month and before I know it, the heat will be here. :(

OUR TREE

*Tear*

Did anyone else outside of Provo experience this madness?

Apr 16, 2009
We didn't get quite as much snow as Provo, but it was enough that my class had to stay inside from recess.

Ugh. Can I just say LAME!!!!!
Apr 18, 2009
HAHAHAHA WOW!!!! I'm glad I got away to Vegas for reading days. Missed ALL of these happenings. Sorry about your tree. [sad face]
Apr 20, 2009
all I have to say is: "ewww!"

3 comments:

Laura said...

We didn't get quite as much snow as Provo, but it was enough that my class had to stay inside from recess.

Ugh. Can I just say LAME!!!!!

Ashley O said...

HAHAHAHA WOW!!!! I'm glad I got away to Vegas for reading days. Missed ALL of these happenings. Sorry about your tree. C;

Jenna said...

all I have to say is: "ewww!"