Sunday, September 6, 2009

Amateur Photography - at best

Yes, I'm an amateur photographer. I have these dreams of being able to earn some extra income working from home at some later date by taking pictures for people. Oh, and the fact that I'll be able to take my own kids' birth pictures, school pictures etc (and then scrapbook them) helps fuel that dream.

On the positive side - I got a pretty nice camera with my own savings back in May. I shoot with a Canon Rebel XSi. On the negative side, I could really use a different lens for portrait photography, and I need lots of practice and education.

I recently offered my services to a friend at work who has a little girl that is turning 2. She's such a cutie!!! Anyway, she graciously accepted my offer so she could use the pictures to send out invitations and such. Looking back, it probably wasn't the easiest first job for 2 reasons - I'm 6 months pregnant and she's 2. She loved to run around and didn't really like to pose a ton. BUT - I think for taking about 450 pictures, I ended up with at least a few she might be able to use. Then, others that at first glance seemed too blurry or angled weird turned out okay with a little editing - all done with Picasa actually. I've got Photoshop Elements but have to get my computer up to par before I start uploading MORE programs. But I digress.

Here are a few of my favorites from the shoot. More can be found on my facebook page. If you're interested in having a family portrait, baby/kid portrait or Holiday picture taken sometime or later this year, drop me a line. We'll see if we can work something out because I need the practice.

Thanks for reading and looking (and leaving comments - whether critical or just for fun, I'll take them all).








Super cute!! cant wait for you to take some pictures of the P-man!!
Great pictures! Looks like you're a natural :)
Sep 9, 2009
I love the one where she is looking out from under the chair. They look good to me.
Sep 10, 2009
Wow! Super cute! They look like the pictures you get when you buy a picture frame at the store...You could sell these to a frame-making-company! :)
Sep 14, 2009
These are really good! I'd love for you to take some pictures of Sammie!!
Sep 22, 2009
Wow! You're good! I'm way impressed. I also have a secret desire to be a photographer some day. You will have to teach me your amazing skills! p.s. I am calling you to take cute pictures of our baby girl!

6 comments:

Rebecca & Jeff said...

Super cute!! cant wait for you to take some pictures of the P-man!!

Brad and Hailey said...

Great pictures! Looks like you're a natural :)

Brenda said...

I love the one where she is looking out from under the chair. They look good to me.

Laura said...

Wow! Super cute! They look like the pictures you get when you buy a picture frame at the store...You could sell these to a frame-making-company! :)

Nicole said...

These are really good! I'd love for you to take some pictures of Sammie!!

Kathy said...

Wow! You're good! I'm way impressed. I also have a secret desire to be a photographer some day. You will have to teach me your amazing skills! p.s. I am calling you to take cute pictures of our baby girl!