Monday, March 26, 2012

Oh there you are, Peter!

Tuesday night marked 50 days since I started the real path to changing my life -- to choosing into my life. Things are no longer happening to me.

They are happening

FOR ME

and

BECAUSE OF ME

My Mom told me after she saw my picture on Facebook that she hasn't seen that smile in a very long time. A few other people have been telling me that I look different lately, too. I DO feel different.

I'm really, really truly and genuinely feeling happier.

I owe it all to grace -- my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ -- and truth.
This week was looking like it was going to be one of the most difficult weeks for me yet. I felt myself slipping backwards and losing hope and momentum for achieving my goal! But I received some beautiful support and insight from my mentors, coaches and friends and I'm well on track again! I did not actually fall behind. Rather, God gave me an opportunity (which I asked for) to practice what I was learning this week about War & Peace, and it has taken me to a higher level of wisdom and understanding. God is good.

May we ALL find the peace, love and JOY we deserve in this life. For we all deserve it as we are ALL Children of God.

Take a leap of faith today and move in that direction, whatever it may be for you. Here is my leap of faith, on video:

Leap of Faith from Janneke Marquez on Vimeo.

This weekend 11 of my family members attended the Power of Choice seminar, including a cousin who has also been experiencing her own battles with PTSD. You can read about her story on her blog, and her experience this weekend in this post. I think she is so inspirational and that her story is a very real one many women experience. I'm excited for her and 5 other family members to go through the Power 90 program like I have been doing!

I will leave you with a quote from one of my new favorite books I've been reading with my Power 90 buddy and newest friend:


"...if you spend less time running away from problems and trying to rid yourself of them --- and more time accepting problems as an inevitable, natural, even important part of life --- you will soon discover that life can be more of a dance and less of a battle."

[Ch 85: Transform Your Relationship to Your Problems, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff by Richard Carlson]

So come dance with me!

Peace.

Mar 26, 2012
I love the title of this post, I love seeing that beautiful smile, I love the quote you finished with, and I am blown away by your courage! You're an inspiration, to be sure.
Mar 26, 2012
Yay!! Thanks for sharing everything you have been about Power of Choice and Power 90 and all the great things you're doing. I'm really glad we've gotten into this program, too. I know it's going to make a HUGE difference for our family. Yay!

We should get together sometime and chat. :) 

2 comments:

Rosie said...

I love the title of this post, I love seeing that beautiful smile, I love the quote you finished with, and I am blown away by your courage! You're an inspiration, to be sure.

Laura said...

Yay!! Thanks for sharing everything you have been about Power of Choice and Power 90 and all the great things you're doing. I'm really glad we've gotten into this program, too. I know it's going to make a HUGE difference for our family. Yay!

We should get together sometime and chat. :)