Saturday, June 27, 2009

Dreams come true?

This is a shortER post, promise. :)

Last Sunday night I had a crazy weird dream, which I guess is typical of pregnancy? Maybe I was stressed out because I hadn't HAD any dreams yet about the baby, and I was wondering about whether or not I was still pregnant (because I haven't felt or looked pregnant), etc. Suffice it to say it was kind of a weird dream, but 2 things happened: I felt movement of the baby (at 16 weeks), and found out it was a girl (because I gave birth about the same time - yeah, told you it was weird). Anyway...

So part 1 came true this week! I felt the baby moving on Wednesday night, and the Dr. and a couple other mommies at work said it was most likely the baby. AND.. felt it again yesterday and today. It just feels like a twitch, but it's way low in my abdomen (a few inches above the pelvic bone), not exactly where I was expecting to feel anything. And the DR says I'm on track with everything else, so now we just wait 3 more weeks to find out the gender!!! Yay! Let's see if part 2 of the dream comes true. I'm just happy to know I'm still pregnant. :)

Laura commented on "Dreams come true?"
Jun 28, 2009
Congrats on feeling the baby! It is comforting to know that it's still there... And I also have psycho crazy dreams while I'm pregnant. Last night there was a three-train pileup that I cleaned up with my magic wand.
I loved that part of pregnancy . . .I almost miss it! So cool feeling it move in you! I had a dream that Lily's foot (still inside my tummy)stretched out of my side (still in the skin) .. . so weird!
Jun 30, 2009
It was so weird to feel teeny flutters that felt like gas and know it was a child... I didn't really figure it out until I was on a plane to China 20 weeks pregnant and Baby Girl went nuts at take off! Fun fun. Now she has her feet jammed in my ribs and her head wiggling in my pelvis. Awful. I hope you have a girl too!
Jul 7, 2009
I miss feeling Hazel in my belly! A few days after she was born I felt a bubble and I was like, oh there's the baby! ..wait... 

and I can't even tell you how many times I dreamt that I gave birth to a teenager, triplets, adopted the day I gave birth, had a fat little asian baby... hahaha!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats on feeling the baby! It is comforting to know that it's still there... And I also have psycho crazy dreams while I'm pregnant. Last night there was a three-train pileup that I cleaned up with my magic wand.

Bethany, Scott, and family said...

I loved that part of pregnancy . . .I almost miss it! So cool feeling it move in you! I had a dream that Lily's foot (still inside my tummy)stretched out of my side (still in the skin) .. . so weird!

Bethany said...

It was so weird to feel teeny flutters that felt like gas and know it was a child... I didn't really figure it out until I was on a plane to China 20 weeks pregnant and Baby Girl went nuts at take off! Fun fun. Now she has her feet jammed in my ribs and her head wiggling in my pelvis. Awful. I hope you have a girl too!

We Joneses said...

I miss feeling Hazel in my belly! A few days after she was born I felt a bubble and I was like, oh there's the baby! ..wait...

and I can't even tell you how many times I dreamt that I gave birth to a teenager, triplets, adopted the day I gave birth, had a fat little asian baby... hahaha!