Monday, January 9, 2012

i Heart Faces | Best Face Photo of 2011



I just can't resist entering this photo... it seriously represents the BEST I did in 2011. Focus.. spot on. Exposure... clean and perfect for my taste. My son looking at the camera: check. His personality showing: check. I had quite a few other photos that I could have entered, but I just keep coming back to this one. I love the colors, I love how his blue eyes just draw me right in... I could go on and on!
But I think perhaps the biggest reason I love this photo so much is because of how much work went into getting this shot. This was by far the most difficult session for me in all of 2011. I had to take over 140 shots on a cold, November day at a park with ducks (distraction to the max for a 2 year old!) My husband was playing the assistant, trying to get the little guy to sit still for one second or pose for mommy. Yeah right! He was not gonna have it. Well... in just ONE split second I saw through my lens those big blue eyes staring straight back at me. And that was all I needed. I fall in love with him over and over again every time I see this image.
I hope you like it, too. Thanks for looking.
Janneke Marquez Photography
Check out more entries or enter your own before Tuesday night by clicking on the linked image:
iHeartFaces.com

Wow, those eyes! Everything is beautiful about this photo.
Wow his eyes are amazing
Beautiful portrait! And those eyes...
beautiful!
Well if he just isn't the cutest little thing! Great entry!

5 comments:

Jama Pantel Photography said...

Wow, those eyes! Everything is beautiful about this photo.

Jodi Jones said...

Wow his eyes are amazing

Erika B said...

Beautiful portrait! And those eyes...

Erika B

Jenna said...

beautiful!

Mandy said...

Well if he just isn't the cutest little thing! Great entry!